When selling a property, it is important to remember that most buyers are looking a lot of listings. This means your goal is to make them remember your listings.
Take These Steps To Make Buyers Remember Your Home.
Some people get a bit conservative when it comes to selling their home. They tend to view it as a family heirloom. Instead of taking all possible steps to make it attractive to a seller, they get offended by even the remotest of suggestions that any such steps need be taken. The simple fact, my friend, is the moment you decide to sell, your property goes from a family residence to a product. If you fail to make this emotional leap, you are going to have problems selling it.
When you show your property to buyers, it is important to remember something. They did not jump into the car just to come see you. Nope, they are two, four and maybe even six timing you. By this, I mean they are most likely visiting multiple houses on the day in question. Put in practical terms, you are in a competition with those other mystery houses and you must make your stick in the mind of the buyer.
To win the day, you obviously need to have your listings in good overall condition. This means the structure needs to be in acceptable shape. The paint should be perfect. The landscaping should be cut back to something less than a rainforest. Clutter should be removed. Basically, you should give the property the once over.
To really make your property standout, however, you need to take a few extra steps.
- First, emphasize comfort by playing some soft music.
- Second, bake something that smells nice, but is not to strong. If you canít cook, go to the baker and get a cake or something.
- Third, potpourri should be used in all bathrooms.
- Fourth, cut and put fresh flowers in various rooms that otherwise appear bland.
- Five, provide more detailed information on the home in a written form you can hand out.
- Six, if there is a particular reason you are moving, tell the sellers on said memo. I just want to cash out or the new neighbors are noisy, is not a good reason!
If you take these steps, the buyers will remember you at the end of the day. If your property is one that fits what the buyers are looking for, an offer will soon follow.